Videos About Parkinson’s Disease
- The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research YouTube Channel – an entire library of high-quality videos.
- The National Parkinson Foundation YouTube Channel – another trove of high-quality videos.
Videos About My School
- Bronx Charter School for Better Learning – official video “Awakening the Learner Within.”
- Korean Folk Song Performance – I play the kayagum, a Korean traditional stringed instrument, while eight 2nd Graders sing folk songs at a gallery opening in Manhattan. (I direct and teach in our school’s Korean program.)
- Korean Lunar New Year Assembly 2011 – As director of the school’s Korean program, I organize this event each year. You can see me briefly in the background, wearing a pink hanbok, the traditional Korean clothes.
- Korean Lunar New Year Assembly 2014 – another successful show!
- Vocabulary Drama: Hercules and the Stymphalian Birds – I write and produce monthly dramas that incorporate the school’s official vocabulary list. The actors – a mix of students and staff – have only two short rehearsals before we perform in front of the entire school. The audience reactions sometimes drown out the performers, so apologies in advance! BTW, I also play the rabbit puppet.
- Korean Folk Song “Arirang” – In February, 2015, about 70 Third Graders sang “Arirang” as a thank you for a Skype video conference with Newbery Award Winning author Linda Sue Park. I’m playing the kayagum with a bandaged hand from when I slipped on an icy sidewalk.
- Black History Month Poem 2015 – One of the great actors at school read a poem I wrote for a special in-house broadcast on Black History Month. You can download the written version in “Files,” or click here.
- BBL Students Interview Ambassador Kathleen Stephens – who also sings a Korean song with them.